Are you, or someone you know passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and promoting inclusive societies? Then come and envision a great opportunity to become more involved with us! enVision exists to inspire equality, inclusion, and the value of all people. We are currently looking for individuals who are interested in becoming potential Board Member candidates.
enVision Community Living’s Board of Directors are elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting, held in June of each year. Members are nominated to the Board for their expertise, experience, and qualities.
The ideal Board Member will have:
- A personal vested interest in enVision and the people served by its mission. This can be through a genuine interest in inclusive communities, or a personal family connection with people served by enVision.
- Professional education and/or experience in one or more fields such as finance, law, public relations, human resources, disability sector, IT, government relations, public policy, advocacy, fundraising, or community development.
- Previous experience as a volunteer Board Member, and familiarity with governance responsibilities in a non-profit, foundation, or charitable organization, is an asset.
- Ability to commit to attending monthly board meetings, along with some committee work, and consultation between meetings.
To Qualify as per the Bylaws, each Board Member shall:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not be an Ineligible Individual as defined by the Income Tax Act
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt;
- Be a member of the Association, or be willing to obtain a membership;
- Not hold a paid position with the Association and not enter into a contract for services with the Association;
- Not be a member of the immediate family of an employee of the Association;
- Be interested in furthering the mission of the Association.
enVision Community Living fosters a valuing and inclusive culture that supports personal and professional growth. Please submit an email indicating your interest in learning more about the Board Member roles by May 6, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.