Property Maintenance Coordinator
Come and envision a great career with us! enVision exists to inspire equality, inclusion and the value of all people! We are looking for a Property Maintenance Coordinator who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and promoting inclusive societies. enVision provides a range of supports and services for people living with an intellectual disability in Steinbach and surrounding areas.
As the Property Maintenance Coordinator you will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance, as well as the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the maintenance schedule, while meeting the mission and values of enVision Community Living. As Property Maintenance Coordinator you will have a broad range of general handyperson skills, while taking pride in the quality of your work. You will be responsible for the maintenance and preservation of all enVision Community Living properties, facilities and grounds. This position will perform highly diversified duties to identify maintenance issues and provide appropriate solutions, troubleshoot, install, repair and maintain equipment and facilities, as well as various maintenance duties such as tending furnaces, drywall repair and painting, deck repairs, and performing routine preventative maintenance activities. Other responsibilities will include notifying management of need for repairs, estimating costs, planning and scheduling of work, maintenance of records for all materials used, progress made on a job, and arranging for tradespersons as required. This is a full-time position, consisting of approximately thirty (30) hours per week, with the availability to work outside regular business hours, as required. You will be required to provide your own basic hand tools for general maintenance, repairs and renovation work.
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum two (2) years’ of related experience. A building trades certificate or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and skills to perform small home renovations is considered an asset, with the ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures).Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, while demonstrating excellent time management and project management skills.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and email.
The successful candidate must provide a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Clear Vulnerable Sector Search; Clear Child Abuse Registry Check; Clear Adult Abuse Registry Check; and have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
enVision Community Living fosters a valuing and inclusive culture that supports personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive employee benefit and Pension Plan.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Director of Human Resources, 84 Brandt Street, Steinbach, MB R5G 0E1; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote Job Reference: 04-21, Property Maintenance Coordinator.
Thank you to all those who apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.